Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: quick promise to myself

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

quick promise to myself

Hi, I hope everyone is safe and doing well. I've lived overseas from England (my home country) for a decade now. This time last year, I was in a different country on the other end of the continent (this is important to the story). This time last year I was doing GCSE's, pretty much a month of non-stop exams that English students take when they are 15/16. I'd never really had a problem with stress eating before, but I was under a lot of pressure and as most of my sports were cancelled, it became my outlet. I knew I was gaining weight but I didn't mind, I'e never really cared about my body and forgave myself for it, thinking I'd lode it when I had more time.

Thing was, right after exams i travelled Europe with my family and lost all the weight easily from all the walking, hiking and cycling, it was the best summer of my life. Then I arrived at where we live now. Before coming here, I'd never even heard of the country, and while they speak English, they also speak a language I don't understand. I always feel like I'm missing something, and I don't like the city I live in, coming from very rural places. I have friends but nobody with the same interests as me. My old lifestyle just doesn't work here and it made me feel so lost and lonely. So I turned to food.

Im not fat per say, 145 lbs, but that's 20 lbs up from where I sit comfortably, and 25 lbs from where I look my best. I didn't really think much of it until my clothes stopped fitting, my thighs started chaffing and the other day, when I tried to do a 5k with my dad (normally traffic makes it impossible) i couldn't get 2k. It was my wake up call. Sure I may not like it here but I'm only here for another year before my family moves back to England and I go to university. I want to take pride in my looks, rather than using brains as a safety net. I want to feel good about myself and know I can't when I feel so weak and unfit.

This post is basically my promise to myself to use the time I have left here, in lock down or otherwise, working on creating the best version of myself so that when I do leave, I'll have nothing holding me back. Thanks for reading guys, hope u all have a good day x

submitted by /u/Teaatree
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/g9hsol/quick_promise_to_myself/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...