Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Anybody please some advice; sudden weight gain

Friday, April 3, 2020

Anybody please some advice; sudden weight gain

I'm 5'7 M and currently weigh 131lbs.

I went from 146lbs to 126lbs in about 5-6 months. I know that's not all that much, because I did start at a smaller and more average weight. Everything was going so well, I ate around 1350cal a day. I count my calories religiously, I have a food scale and all that jazz and I work out 5 times a week. Three days of weight lifting and two days of HIIT.

Now flash forward to February 2020. I woke up one morning weighing 128lbs. Fine, I know my routine hadn't changed and I was still keeping to my new lifestyle. Could be my period coming up or some water retention from weight lifting or a higher sodium intake than I calculated. Figured it'd all work out on it's own. It didn't. I freaked out obviously and decided to maybe up the calorie intake, figured I was probably melting off all the muscle I was trying to build by being in a high-ish calorie deficit. Went to 1500cal a day. It's April now and I weigh 5lbs more and the weight seems to jusg be creeping up.

Now I know I don't bullshit myself into thinking I'm maybe underestimating my calorie intake or overestimating my workouts. I always round up my calories and wouldn't dare to eat back any calories from my workouts. It's also not muscle that I've been gaining, trust me. I do struggle with gender dysphoria and body dysmorphia alongside other mental illnesses which makes me prone to obsession and a fucked perception of reality. But that's also the reason why I hold so much worth to measurements and calculations; so I can't argue against logic and reality. I genuinely want to be healthy, strong and reach my fitness goals.

Is this just a plateau? Or is it something my body's trying to tell me? Am I not disciplined enough after all? Please, any advice or how to deal with this is much appreciated. I already work on my mental health with professionals so please don't take that into account. I just want logical advice that I may be able to apply in times of desperation.

submitted by /u/madnessarrived
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fu5t3e/anybody_please_some_advice_sudden_weight_gain/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...