Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Suggested weight training program

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Suggested weight training program

So, like many, COVID was not kind. Gained a good 30 pounds from the year+ in work-from-home hell. And I've gone from big to way too big.

Male 48 - 5' 6" and hit 240 lb at peak.

After return to work (2 days a week) and food control, I dropped 15 pounds to 225. I've now been in the gym for the past 45 days - upwards of 6 times a week. I've now dropped another 9 down to about 216 or 217 (depending on water weight).

At first I was doing only elliptical - 30 minutes during a "weight loss" or an "interval" program. Yesterday, I was able to comfortably do 60 minutes with increased intensity and ramp incline. The elliptical read 650 calories burned (who knows if that's accurate).

My concern is that I feel like I don't want to be doing a tough elliptical daily as I can feel the outside ligaments of my knees complaining.

I did a lot of weight training in high school when I played football and into college and was 150 pounds.

What weight routines do people suggest for increasing the weight loss and balancing out the cardio regime? Upper body? Curls? Bench? Fly press? Others? Rowing machine? Others?

submitted by /u/MeketrexSupplicant
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xvsq0e/suggested_weight_training_program/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...