Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV: Normal hunger cues have returned after lowering my medication.

Friday, October 7, 2022

NSV: Normal hunger cues have returned after lowering my medication.

I've been on the same dose of antipsychotics for 8 years or so, but I recently learned coping skills in therapy and coaching, so my psychiatrist and I decided to see if there is a new lowest dose that I can handle. We cut my dose in half about two months ago, but due to half lives of the 3-month injections, it'll take a year to fully get halved in my bloodstream.

A big thing that happened is that I'm now no longer constantly hungry. It didn't used to matter how big of a meal I ate, I could reliably be hungry again 2-3 hours later. Today, I had a big meal for lunch because I ordered food for a change, and it's now almost bedtime and I'm still not hungry. I skipped out on dinner too because I was just not hungry. Also, a week ago or so, I had a thought that I haven't had in a long time and it was something that I used to do a lot when I was naturally skinny. I thought, "I'm not that hungry for a meal, I'll just have a granola bar."

A secondary victory that is a little off topic is that these things are changing but I'm not getting any rebound symptoms from lowering my dose.

Big wins IMO.

submitted by /u/LivingAgency8
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xygt2e/nsv_normal_hunger_cues_have_returned_after/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...