Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Is constant vigilance the price we pay for being thin?

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Is constant vigilance the price we pay for being thin?

I'll be real -- I've been a conspicuously healthy person for years and I am just not that thrilled about it. When I think about the outset of my life, about how much mediocre food served in unsatisfying amounts is in front of me it kind of bums me out. A lot.

Like we exist for such a small amount of time, and then it's like, poof the lights go out and we turn into worm food. And it feels strange to me that I'm denying myself this primal lizard-brain thing -- instincts that are next to sex and respiration because of... reasons? I'd love to say it's health but mostly I just want to be hot.

IDK when I think about how I'm going to have to spend the rest of my life saying no thank you to fries and stuff like that it's... kind of a bummer! I guess! In a way I have a hard time justifying when I really squint at it. And I know you can say like "oh no you can be satisfied with eating healthy portions" but I have literally never known that to be true, and if I'm going to be honest I kind of suspect that deep down it's not that true for a lot of other people either.

Like, I hit my calories. I eat a well-balanced diet. For the most part I take great care of myself. But it's hard not to think, like, fuck it it's all a graceless slide into the void you might as well just eat McDoubles until your arteries snap shut.

submitted by /u/SearchAndCaesarSalad
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xtb74w/is_constant_vigilance_the_price_we_pay_for_being/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...