Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Working to Lose Weight and Gain Muscle, Guidance Needed!

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Working to Lose Weight and Gain Muscle, Guidance Needed!

Hey all, thanks for checking this out. I am 27M, 5’10 and weighed in recently at 315 lbs.

I have been going to the gym 6 days a week for the last month and honestly I’ve been feeling a lot better, both physically and mentally. Of course my main concern is losing weight so I always do an hour on the elliptical, after which I will do some weight training (usually arms, various machines and I’m currently at 3 sets, 10 reps, 70lbs). I’ll finish off with another 10/15 minutes of a cooldown on the treadmill with a light walk. This has been working for me, I am keeping an eye on fatigue and being cognizant to not burn myself out.

My biggest issue is calories, but not the way you would expect. I got this fat from years of getting high and destroying bags of chips, cakes, whatever else had the misfortune of being in the cupboard on that fateful evening. And it was every evening for years. I’ve quit that cold turkey for over two month now.

Now I am finding it very hard to hit my minimum calories every day because I’m just not hungry a lot of the time. Like I know you’re ideally supposed to have 5 small meals a day, but the best I can do is one big one (usually dinner) and then I just basically force myself to eat throughout the day.

Easily the most difficult part is breakfast, it takes me hours after waking up to really be hungry pretty much every day. I have a couple cups of coffee and some water to start my day. For lunch I’ll have a combination of some fruits/veg, eggs, cottage cheese, tuna fish, overnight oats, soup, stuff like that. A lot of stuff you’d find on a list of higher protein foods. Dinner will generally be boneless/skinless chicken breast or something completely unrelated to weightloss if I eat with my dad (maybe 3 times a week with tacos, pasta, burgers etc) just at a moderate amount.

What really bothers me is I’m always so far away from my “goal” on MFP. My daily goal is 2840 on the app, and with my exercise and food all accounted for today I have around 1500 calories remaining to my “goal”. This is a regular thing. So I feel like I’m in a bit over my head here. Am I hurting myself by not eating more? Are there things that I am missing out on that will set me back me in the long run? Like it seems good to eat less, obviously I’m not that knowledgeable about any of this, but even I know that “starving myself” is not the best way to lose weight.

I’m not looking to gain a crazy amount of muscle, but eventually I would love to be visibly toned and ideally it could help use up some potential loose skin down the line (is that even possible?). These are more my goals than a specific number on the scale.

I’ll provide whatever other info can be of use. Thank you again for your time!

submitted by /u/bud369
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/x3n98o/working_to_lose_weight_and_gain_muscle_guidance/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...