Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What is your experience with muscle growth as a late-bloomer exerciser?

Monday, September 5, 2022

What is your experience with muscle growth as a late-bloomer exerciser?

I'm 26F and I started working out and eating healthy 2 months ago. I'm not overweight but I've been slightly "skinny fat" all my life, and I've already gained 2% muscle and lost 3.5% body fat. I'm also seeing progress which is awesome!

But I can't help to feel a bit discouraged at the same time because I've started relatively late. I feel guilty that my nutrition and exercise were so bad all these years.

But what bothers me the most is that I feel at a disadvantage compared to people who started working out at age 16-18 and look (and hopefully feel) absolutely FANTASTIC now at 26.

I know that I shouldn't compare myself, and that the best time to start was 10 years ago/yesterday/and the second best is now... But somehow I keep reminding myself that I can NEVER reach the level the above-mentioned others have, as muscle mass starts to decrease around age 30. And while I've been neglecting my body, others have created healthy habits and muscles for years. So in a way, I'll always feel 'behind' and at a disadvantage and this scares me.

I'm really sorry for this rant. It's been nice to write it out and I'm curious to read your take on this :)

submitted by /u/Inner_Cherry
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/x6rq6a/what_is_your_experience_with_muscle_growth_as_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...