Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I'm extremely skeptical of meal plans or routines that have a "detox" element, am I wrong to be so?

Thursday, March 3, 2022

I'm extremely skeptical of meal plans or routines that have a "detox" element, am I wrong to be so?

I recently checked out a book from the library called "Women, Hormones and Food" and for the first part of the book, it seemed credible and on point. Then it gets to the plan and the first 4 weeks are this elaborate modified keto (sigh) billed as a "detox" (partly from carbs and sugar, which isn't terrible, but also from things like BPA and heavy metals--how much of a thing is this?). I don't drink alcohol but leaving that aside, I'm pretty sure my liver and gall bladder and associated organs "detox" my body pretty well without me going on some elaborate protocol that involves doing formulas to figure out a ketogenic ratio for all foods and testing my ketones every day and blah blah blah.

It sounds to me like the women in the book that lost weight did it because they ate literally almost no carbs for 4 weeks including starchy veg and fruits (!!) and due to the restrictions on their typical diets, their calories dramatically plunged since they weren't eating bread, rice, sweets, hardly any sugars of any kind, etc.

Am I off base here? I reluctantly agree that a low carb diet is for sure going to strip the pounds of practically everyone, but is "detox" really a thing?

submitted by /u/Chazzyphant
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/t67rbd/im_extremely_skeptical_of_meal_plans_or_routines/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...