Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Getting disciplined is making me miserable

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Getting disciplined is making me miserable

I (27f) have struggled creating and maintaining healthy habits my whole life. I used to pretend that living a healthy lifestyle wasn't necessary but as I got older I gained weight and developed GERD as a result of the weight and decided it was time to make a change and failed many many times. I only need to lose about 25 pounds but its been tough. For context I also work a semi stressful job that usually leaves me feeling emotionally drained by the end of the workday.

Recently I read Atomic Habits, and it really helped me set small goals that I've been very consistent with. The issue is that I feel like im losing all the things that made me happy and I just feel miserable despite making good progress on my goals. I love going out for food and I enjoy having some wine after work and with dinner to wind down. My new routine doesn't really allow for these things as I'm trying to maintain a calorie deficit. I still allow myself to have these things but in moderation, so think twice a week or so.

When I resist the temptation to go out for food or get alcohol I don't feel happy about it, I just feel annoyed that I cant do the thing that makes me happy. When I cave and do these things anyways I feel happy in the moment but then feel bad about it after. Being in a caloric deficit also make tired and cranky overall so most days after work I just feel tired and drained and I don't feel like I even enjoy my hobbies anymore.

Is this a normal adjustment to a new routine? Will it go away eventually? All I know is I don't feel happy with my health and body when I do nothing to improve my situation but I also don't feel happy right now restricting myself from the things that make me happy. Any advice would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Kurgan2208
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/t9wx1k/getting_disciplined_is_making_me_miserable/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...