Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Looking for advice for recomp after massive weight loss last year

Monday, January 3, 2022

Looking for advice for recomp after massive weight loss last year

Last year I lost 127pds in 9.5 months, (gained 9pds back but thats a combo of water weight/holidays I am far to good of a baker for my own good) took a break from working out for a month then began focusing on resistance training rather than cardio. I've just finished reverse dieting up to sedentary maintenance (rounded down to 2200 Cal) so I figure now would be a good opportunity to seek the sage advice from /fitness to see if my current plan makes any sort of sense.

I know that a bulk/cut cycle is more efficient for strength gain however I really, *really* don't want to put on any more weight, so I would rather take a slower path to getting swole and not gain any net weight just replace lost fat with muscle. For reference I am a 5' 10" M that weights 199pds as of this morning.

To that end my plan is to eat at sedentary maintenance while meeting my protein goals (I record everything I eat and currently end up between 160g to 200g depending on what combo of meals I have that day). I know you that the general advice is that you can't build muscle without a calorie surplus but since I still have rather *substantial* fat reserves I figure my body can grab the excess it needs from that.

I go to the gym to lift 3x a week and if I am feeling up to it add in an extra cardio day. In addition I am currently doing a push up/sit up challenge (start at 10 per day then every week add 1 to your daily amount, currently at 16 pushups+situps a day)

My current resistance day at the gym is as follows

Lat Pulldown 2x10 at 165pds and 1x10 at 170pds
Pec Fly 3x10 at 167.5pds
Calf extension 3x10 at 245pds
Triceps press 3x10 at 175pds
Leg Press 3x10 at 537pds
Seated Row 3x10 at 162.5pds
Bicep curl with dumb bell 3x10 each arm at 35pds
Squat 3x10 at 175pds
Chest Press 3x10 at 120pds
Back Extension 3x20 at 247.5pds

Given time constraints I can't add in another exercise however I could swap one if you see an obvious overlap or missing muscle group.

I have seen pretty good improvements on the weights over the past month and a halfish but thats going to be the noob gains and I know its going to start slowing down pretty quickly pretty soon.

Thank you for reading this block of text and do you think I am on the right track?

submitted by /u/Shorewood364283
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rvelle/looking_for_advice_for_recomp_after_massive/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...