Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I started counting calories yesterday. I would love some advice on where I need to go from here!

Friday, January 7, 2022

I started counting calories yesterday. I would love some advice on where I need to go from here!

Hey friends! I am 21F, 5'8 and sitting at 289lbs. This is the heaviest I have been in my teenage/adult life.

I have never been a thin kid, I started gaining weight like crazy at 7 or 8 years old, and despite large amounts of exercise (think high-impact sports) I was never able to lose weight. I did end up maintaining my weight of 240lbs for the last 3 years of high school, then my weight began climbing again as I no longer had those sports to keep me moving.

I will be honest here and say my relationship with food has never been good. I'm a very terrible binge eater. But I do also have 2 different diseases that make weightloss difficult (PCOS, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis).

I need to take back my life. I don't like getting winded putting on my shoes. I want to be strong and have good endurance!

I began two days ago by calculating my CICO, based on my low activity. Then yesterday I began counting my calories (I already had a food scale luckily).

I am heavily interested in weightlifting and strength training. I used to dance so I believe yoga would also be a great start for me.

My questions are these:

What helps you stay on track?

What can I do to inspire myself and motivate myself when things get difficult?

What can I start out with to safely ease myself into working out after years of very low activity?

Are there any sources you can recommend to learn more about nutrition?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/GooblyNoobly
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ryjtwk/i_started_counting_calories_yesterday_i_would/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...