Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Found a short term reward system that's helping me stay motivated

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Found a short term reward system that's helping me stay motivated

For years I've (29F) been experimenting with ways to loose weight - fad dieting, corsets, pills, etc.

I recently tried Noom and I can't believe how it's changed my relationship with food. Understanding why my body feels and reacts in certain ways to food has been eye opening. What it also taught me is the importance of short reward systems and tagging the rewards around what you can control.

I realized I need some sort of daily feedback to keep me motivated, and what I can control is what I eat and drink. So I opened a new savings account, and for everyday that I eat under 1500 calories and drink 10 cups of water, I transfer $10 into the account. Once I have $400, there's a handbag I've been wanting to buy for a long time but didn't feel like I deserved it.

It's been less than 2 weeks but seeing that bank account slowly increase has been making me feel so proud. I've lost 3lbs so far, and I'm making better choices at the grocery store, keeping my binging at bay, and going for longer walks. It feels materialistic, but I have to accept this is what motivates me.

We all have to find our own right way to fuel and keep our body healthy. But if you're looking a short term extrinsic motivator, I highly recommend a version of this daily reward system.

submitted by /u/indoronto
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/s05vqs/found_a_short_term_reward_system_thats_helping_me/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...