Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I’ve just reached 199.99 lb today! Sharing my experience in the comments

Friday, April 24, 2020

I’ve just reached 199.99 lb today! Sharing my experience in the comments

Just hit 199.99 lbs today! (that’s 91kg). That’s 50 down in one year. I’m going to share some real talk about my experience below.

  • The main challenge has been changing the way I think. My default answer to “I had a rough day”, “I did so much effort today”, “there’s a celebration”, “this is a unique occasion” is “I should celebrate that with food!”.

Food is simply the fastest, most convenient way to be happy. Doesn’t require a partner, much effort, or anything. It beats any movie, game. You can even have people make it for you. It’s the easiest addiction there is. Hard to make salad sound compelling in that scenario.

  • There is a really unhealthy attitude about fitness in our culture. People who are fit are enabled to feel entitled and superior to people who aren’t. I find that profoundly troubling.

Once you start exercising, some people chime in with advice and thoughts about their personal success. It’d be a thinly veiled attempt at showing they’re great because of them being <keto/vegan/lifting/other gimmick>. This is particularly true in a place like San Francisco where people are keen on signaling how well they are doing.

Note: there is an inverse amount of advice that’s about slowing down, eating regular food, feeling concern that you’re going to be unhealthy etc. I don’t mind that advice, because it’s coming from a genuine and caring place.

  • My senses are much more developed than earlier. Being hungry makes you smell food from much further (I really hate that), and even the most basic foods will taste much stronger than earlier (that’s nice).

  • The effects on stamina are weird. On one side I’m always tired. On the other hand, I have much more energy: I find myself regularly running up the stairs and going further on bike rides.

  • Ideally I’d like to reach 174 lbs, which is the threshold where you’re overweight. It feels so far, though.

Hopefully the above helps you empathize. I don’t mean to vent or seek validation, I just hope to share some context. If it resonates, don’t be a stranger!

submitted by /u/mekilat
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/g7k3vr/ive_just_reached_19999_lb_today_sharing_my/

1 comment:

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...