Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Advice to get off the weight loss plateau

Friday, April 24, 2020

Advice to get off the weight loss plateau

19F 157cm/ 5ft2 SW: 61KG/134lbs CW: 56KG/123lbs GW: 50KG/110lbs

I've always been an overweight child and now that I'm about to enter adulthood, I want to lose weight to better myself and be more comfortable in college and in the future.

I lost weight 3 years ago, going from 60kg to 56kg (where I am right now) and it took 2 months as well, but after that, I got too comfortable and careless, I stopped restricting and in these 3 years, I managed to get back to that weight +1kg more.

I started my weight loss journey 2 months ago, back in mid-Feb. It started off simply by restricting. I skipped dinner and started off with small exercises before going to bed like planks, lunges, sit-ups, cardio, etc. The first few pounds melted off like chocolate, I managed to go from 134lbs to 123lbs in a span of 1 1/2 months and was so happy, thinking I might be able to reach my goal weight within 4-5 months, just in time for my birthday.

But just like every weight loss journey, there's always the weight loss plateau. I stopped losing weight 2-3 weeks ago, hovering between 55-56kg no matter what I do. I thought that maybe my body has finally adapted, so I have to exercise more. I added HIIT workouts after doing my regular routine of exercise, I even start thigh and calf workouts to thin them out. I kept doing it for a 1 1/2 weeks straight without any breaks, all while still restricting, I stay below my budget of 1300kcals per day, but still to no avail, my weight refuses to go lower, it's even sometimes goes up which disheartens me even more.

And it's really frustrating me to the point that I just want to sit down and cry and wallow in self-pity. I would be ecstatic if I could even reach 55kg at this point, but not seeing the numbers go down is discouraging me from even bothering to continue. I'm starting to lose hope that I could even go any lower. Does my body just love to store all that useless fat? And seeing so many great results encourages and frustrates me at the same time, thinking "why can't my weight go down?? People can lose 50lbs and here I am, trying to lose only 10 more pounds and I can't even do that"

Any advice on how to get off this plateau? Please, I'm really desperate and losing hope right now. I'm even feeling heavier and heavier every week, angrier and angrier as I look at myself in the mirror, just cursing out my fats, it's slowly taking a toll on me mentally already.

submitted by /u/IntrovertTrashx
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/g749bv/advice_to_get_off_the_weight_loss_plateau/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...