Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Focusing on sustainable balance in my life, sad to see the scale go up instead of down

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Focusing on sustainable balance in my life, sad to see the scale go up instead of down

I had a wake-up call on Mother's Day (May 8th) when none of my dress clothes fit anymore and I had to go out to a nice restaurant in stretchy jeans and a plain tank-top. But instead of a crash diet or punishing myself for it, I'm dedicated to finally finding balance in my life!

I'm hitting the gym for consistent workouts (focused on weightlifting because that's what I enjoy), I'm eating way less junk food and I'm counting my calories again but not restricting too heavily yet. I cut back from 3000+ calories a day (an estimate from my usual grief/depression binging, I'm not proud of myself for that) to roughly 1800 a day and what I eat is almost always homecooked or fresh with the exception of a once a week meal out that I account for in my day's calories.

I went to weigh myself to see my progress and I was pretty discouraged to see that number up 3lbs. It's a small amount, but I figured after cutting out the junk food and ramping up my fitness that it would have been minus 3 instead.

It might just be my muscles holding water as they repair, or maybe the months of binge eating are catching up to me before they level out, but it's a bummer all the same.

Thanks for letting me vent about it. Today is leg day, my favourite, so that'll cheer me up for sure. Regardless of the scale, I still want to get stronger!

submitted by /u/cinniebunz
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/v2rfmv/focusing_on_sustainable_balance_in_my_life_sad_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...