Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to deal with shame while in this ~ process ~ ?

Thursday, March 3, 2022

How to deal with shame while in this ~ process ~ ?

Hi. I'm 5'2", 155 pounds, 28F. Pre-pandemic, I weighed like 125 pounds and it felt like a good spot for me. And during the first few months of the pandemic, I actually lost a little weight because I had more time to eat well and actually started to enjoy exercise for the first time in my life.

Obviously that didn't last. I fell into a really bad depressive episode, and that, plus the merry-go-round of medications I tried (finally found something that works! yay!) has landed me here. I'm not laden with crippling depression anymore, but I still feel so defeated about this. I got so out of shape that even my "easy" exercise routines are impossible. I know you have to start low and slow, but it's so frustrating knowing that these things felt effortless in the past.

Anyway, I'm working myself up into a spiral because there's a festival in town next weekend, and I'm going to see a lot of people I haven't seen since before the pandemic. I realize I'm not massively overweight or anything, but still, the shame bubbles up inside of me. I even made up an excuse to avoid meeting up with an old fling few weeks ago, just because I didn't want him to see me like this.

How have yall worked through this?

submitted by /u/dr-bookshelf
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/t630w6/how_to_deal_with_shame_while_in_this_process/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...