Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I lost 50 pounds last year and I'm starting to gain it back. How can I get back on track?

Monday, April 3, 2023

I lost 50 pounds last year and I'm starting to gain it back. How can I get back on track?

Bear with me on this one guys. Last year I (29m, 5'10") decided to get healthier by exercising more regularly and eating healthier. I would go 5-6 times a week to the gym for 1.5 - 2 hours and I was loving life for a hot minute. I went from 220+ down to 168 at my lowest, keeping it around 175! I had been wearing clothes I haven't stepped into for the first time in years. But last year was also a very difficult period.

I got dumped for someone else in January, robbed at gun point, accidentally stabbed myself, and got laid off from TWO different startup jobs. I was unemployed for 4-5 months and I only kept going to the gym because I needed something to do to distract myself from the horrors of what happened. I had stopped going eventually because I was too depressed to reasonably do anything. I had not seen my family in over a year and I am completely isolated from other people.

Things have improved now though. I have the best job I've ever had, the weather is getting warmer in Chicago soon, and now I feel like I can settle into a routine again. But I just cannot find the consistent motivation to work out like I used to. I will go through a period of clean eating that actually does work and exercise, but something else comes up that takes me out of it and it throws me off. To make matters worse, I now have plantar fasciitis and it makes it harder to do cardio exercises, which I love doing and helped me cut the weight.

I have gained 6 pounds in a WEEK after finally getting back on track and I weigh nearly 190. I've gained around 13-15 pounds and I don't know how to get back on track. I had so many injuries and setbacks last year, that I want to find that spark again. Would love any pointers or advice.

submitted by /u/CaptPierce93
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/12b63n0/i_lost_50_pounds_last_year_and_im_starting_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...