Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight Not Changing Despite Eating Better/Exercising Than Before

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Weight Not Changing Despite Eating Better/Exercising Than Before

30F 5'7" SW:170 CW:167 GW:140 Desk job and I try to walk 5 miles a day at a brisk pace.

So while I was finishing my PhD, I disregarded my health and ate pretty much whatever I needed to eat to get the job done. I stopped exercising and ate pizza every night because I was absolutely miserable. I went up from 150 pounds (my normal weight) to 170 pounds in a matter of two months. I was doing emotional overeating every day.

Once I was done, I was sure that once my habits returned to normal and I stopped overeating, the weight would melt off me, especially with exercise. But I've found that even though I'm no longer overeating and am eating just three normal meals a day (no snacks after dinner) and exercising a lot more (3-5 miles every day), the weight is not coming off, which is surprising, because I'm positive I'm eating less than I was before. It seems like my body has decided that around 170 (plus or minus a few pounds) is my new weight and is sticking to it.

I'm against diets because I've done them in the past and they make me obsessed with food and unable to function. I don't like calorie counting because I find that stressful. I try to just eat fairly balanced meals (yogurt/oatmeal for breakfast, eggs/omelette or sandwich for lunch, veggie burgers and rice or another sandwich for dinner). I should eat more salad and veggies, but overall I don't think my diet is super unhealthy. I used to eat like this and maintained my weight of 150 absolutely effortlessly.

My question is, has anyone experienced this weird weight stasis, where your body just insists on being a certain weight? And what can I do? Are there small changes I can make to rev up my metabolism?

I have decided to try to eat a little less, but the truth is that I absolutely hate being hungry and as soon as I'm hungry I can't function/can't get my work done. I used to calorie count a little more, and I would say that generally I really can't go under 1700 - 1800 calories per day. I'm a hungry woman. :(

Suggestions???

submitted by /u/AccordingShoe8
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qgjhlt/weight_not_changing_despite_eating/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...