Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Has anyone here managed to actually change their relationship with food and eating long-term?

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Has anyone here managed to actually change their relationship with food and eating long-term?

I ask because while I feel that I know how to lose weight at this point, I feel like I'm just barely suppressing a bigger problem. Since I was a tween, I've been someone who overeats, who eats when bored/sad/in need of distraction, with a major sugar addiction. I've never been able to kick it, except for in short bursts where I've lost weight, struggled to maintain, eventually gained at least some back.

I wonder - is it possible for someone who's had a messed up relationship with food to actually become like those "naturally skinny" people who somehow manage to self-regulate their intake and who don't constantly think about food and sugar? Have any of you succeeded? If so, how? Is it all psychological, or does it have some physiological cause (like say, actual sugar ADDICTION that one needs to overcome physically)? It doesn't seem to me that it's just about learning healthy habits in my case, I know exactly how I should eat, but still often fail. Lack of impulse control or just poor self-discipline, I don't know.

If anyone has any input on this, or personal experience, I'd love to hear from you.

submitted by /u/Crafty_Inevitable_22
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qgizc6/has_anyone_here_managed_to_actually_change_their/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...