Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How does (non-chronic) illness affect weight loss?

Friday, October 29, 2021

How does (non-chronic) illness affect weight loss?

I am incredibly lucky to say that I just fell ill for the first time in over 2 years. I have a severe cold (not COVID or flu) and have had it for about 2 weeks now. I've gained 5lbs in the two weeks I've been ill. I am 100% sure I accurately tracked calories and cannot have gained non-water weight. But I'm not even worried about the "gain" per se since I know it's not real...I'm just really curious!

I'm trying to find if there is any consensus (scientific or hivemind) on how something like a cold/acute illness affects weight loss. Some places say you might lose weight due to reduced appetite, but others say your body might retain more water to help fight the illness.

Can anyone point me in the direction of solid data? Or, perhaps chime in with your own anecdotes?

submitted by /u/Nernst
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qid6wx/how_does_nonchronic_illness_affect_weight_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...