Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I fighting against medication effects and finally winning with CICO. 10lbs down 60lbs to go.

Saturday, October 30, 2021

I fighting against medication effects and finally winning with CICO. 10lbs down 60lbs to go.

SW193llb, GW 123lbs.

I'm on medication that affects mulitple dopamine receptors, glucose tolerance and increases ghrelin levels. Half of the people on it become obese - myself included in that figure. I have put on 80lbs since starting it. It also increases my risk of diabetes 5 fold, increases cholesterol levels, heart disease etc - some of that increase is due to the metabolic syndrome that it causes.

I cannot come off this medication. It's just not an option. So I have to deal with it. I tried for 4 months earlier this year and I lost 9lb over 4 months - but I was busting my arse (I thought) to do it. This time I've starting using MyFitnessPal, and going on really long walks when I can have time with no kids. I'm just a couple of weeks in to it - so there is a fair amount of water weight in there, but I KNOW I'm in deficit. I KNOW I will see more results. I just need to stay focused - and will likely always have to log my food and exercise to stay on track.

I lost a significant amount of weight before - after pregnancy I lost around 40lbs. This is definitely harder. I know my biochemistry is stacked against me more than that time. But I am determined. I am no longer getting a sugar hit with sugary coffees, and am eating more fruit and vege.

submitted by /u/HandPie4Me
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qjh31o/i_fighting_against_medication_effects_and_finally/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...