Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV Hard work is paying!

Friday, October 29, 2021

NSV Hard work is paying!

It's frustrating at times to hear from one of my closest friends that the only thing I'm losing is my behind. I tend to store fat on my lower body, and my derrière was definitely more shapely with some 11kg/23lbs gained, but the loss of muscle mass that came after a bad injury did not feel good at all, especially when I couldn't even fit into some of my clothes.

In August, I was finally ready to get back into a healthier lifestyle and tackle once and for all my chocolate addiction. By September, I was tracking calories and working out again, losing 8.5kg/19lbs in the process.

Obviously, I know I've slimmed down: not only does the scale say so, my clothes have also started fitting again, even if not perfectly (I still carry more fat than I did at the same weight prior getting injured... loss of muscle mass is a bitch).

The thing is, although I could see it, the fact that my friend dismissed all changes save for my shrinking booty was a bit disheartening, especially as I am working actively on getting my muscle mass back...

I am aware that I am not genetically blessed in this area, but, as I've told her, I'd rather have a strong, firm body and grow my glute muscles with resistance training than fat. It'll just take a while because it really feels like I'm growing my muscle mass starting from close to zero. There are so many things I was able to do prior my injury that I have trouble with, now. On the bright side, I feel like my upper body - arms and abs in particular - are getting more defined. My friend said she hasn't noticed, but they are all right.

Cue in a visit to a sweet old lady we met back in May and hadn't seen since. The first thing she told me was that I had lost weight. I was genuinely surprised as her comment was not tied to my behind (or lack of). It was - is - visible even with clothes on.

Cue in another visit, from a friend I hadn't seen in a while who came over for lunch. When she noticed the pull-up bar, she commented on my arms (I was wearing a tank). Said they looked clearly toned, and now she understood why. (Ironically, no, I can barely do a pull-up!)

It felt good to hear my hard work is paying! I still have ways to go before recovering all my muscle mass (and growing my glutes, LOL), but knowing my efforts aren't in vain is great!

submitted by /u/BaddestDucky
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qi9s6o/nsv_hard_work_is_paying/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...