Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Trying to lose weight at a healthy rate while on appetite-suppressing medication

Friday, October 29, 2021

Trying to lose weight at a healthy rate while on appetite-suppressing medication

Hey y'all. So, I (33F) normally struggle to lose weight and have been stuck at around 160 for a long time. However, I was just prescribed Adderall a couple days ago for ADHD and I can already tell that I'm going to be doing a lot of involuntary fasting during the day. No problem, huh? Well...

The thing is, the last time I was on a medication that took away my appetite (Lamictal), I kinda just stopped eating. Lost too much weight too quickly, freaked some people out. Fainted a couple of times. Was overall not in a very healthy place, physically or mentally. Of course, as a lifelong "big girl", I loved being truly, actually thin for the first time ever. Some people told me I looked too peaky, but I enjoyed the compliments from others and being able to wear smaller clothes, etc. Anyway, all that to say, it's tempting just to go with it, not to eat until the second dose of Adderall wears off in the evening. And I know it's possible to get all you need from OMAD, but I'm worried that I won't. I also have trouble sustaining my exercise schedule (casual running and weightlifting) safely if I go a full 24 hours without a meal. What I mean to say is that I don't think IF is a good fit for me at this time, given my past behavior.

Anyway, I guess here I'm just looking for advice and suggestions for small, healthy snacks that I can schedule into my day. Last night, I hardboiled some eggs - I hate hardboiled eggs, but I figure those will be an easy bite as I'm on my way out in the morning. I have a bag of almonds in my office and forced myself to eat some for lunch yesterday, but the dry mouth from the Adderall made that so hard. Thought I'd pick up a bag of apples and maybe some protein shakes on my way in to work today. It needs to be convenient, or I'm just going to "forget" about food all day.

I'm hoping someone has related experience. Thanks.

submitted by /u/merganzer
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qia1fy/trying_to_lose_weight_at_a_healthy_rate_while_on/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...