Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Discussion: When do weight loss behaviors become disordered eating?

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Discussion: When do weight loss behaviors become disordered eating?

For context, I started counting calories in 2010 or 2011 and I've been in "maintenance" for a while, but I'm trying to crack down on 10 lbs I gained back. For that to be successful for me, I know I have to be really strict about calorie counting and weighing myself every day. I feel fine about that most days, but sometimes I'll hear about a person who has an eating disorder, and their disordered behaviors sound a lot like my own.

An example: yesterday, I found myself still a bit hungry late in the evening, but had no calories left. I knew I was going to a birthday party today where there would be cake and probably other junk food, so I decided to just push through the hunger and enjoy the party today instead. For me, that choice felth very healthy and like good self control, but if I told someone like my mom that I let myself go to bed hungry so that I could enjoy cake the next day, she'd be worried that I have an eating disorder.

I guess what I'm wondering is: where is the line? When does strict calorie counting (or other weight loss techniques) become disordered eating? It seems like it's when a person continues to lose weight past the point of it being healthy, or if someone becomes so obsessed with it that it causes distress to their life. Maybe there isn't a line, and what works for some people doesn't work for others, but I'm curious if anybody else has thoughts or experiences regarding the topic.

submitted by /u/erynberry
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qjhw64/discussion_when_do_weight_loss_behaviors_become/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...