Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Gaining weight + getting bigger? bulkier? and discouraged

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Gaining weight + getting bigger? bulkier? and discouraged

Hi guys, I'm (21F) 5'4 and currently 125 lbs, which is the highest weight I've ever hit. I've been going to the gym consistently since September for 3-4 days every week for 1.5-2hours each time. I did a mix of cardio (elliptical) for 30 mins and would spend the rest of the time with weights.

After taking my measurements yesterday, I discovered that I have gained 1-2 cm in circumference compared to when I first measured back in September. This is really discouraging to me because I really don't want to get bigger, I started working out with the goal of getting slimmer and leaner.

My eating habits have generally remained the same and I don't think it's my problem here. Not looking to change up how I eat because I'm finally managing to eat a lot healthier (incorporating more proteins, fruits, and veggies) but I had a tricky relationship with food in the past, so I just don't want to destabilize anything at the moment.

I'm just wondering what exercises I should do to prevent getting bigger? I know this sounds ridiculous, but I grew up with east Asian beauty standards and still think that skinnier = prettier, though I do realize that this needs to be achieved in a healthy way (ie. through exercise).

I'm still really new to the whole working out things so, any advice and/or wisdom would be much appreciated Thank you guys so much

submitted by /u/lunanmia
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qgmqhl/gaining_weight_getting_bigger_bulkier_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...