Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Cutting Carbs is the only way I've found to keep off the weight

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Cutting Carbs is the only way I've found to keep off the weight

I've always been on the heavier side of a healthy bmi for most my life, but started developing a binge eating disorder in adulthood as a coping mechanism for my anxiety. I became heavily addicted to carbs and also started suffering blood sugar issues for the first time. I went keto for about 6 months and lost around 15 pounds but fell off the bandwagon and started to depend on carbs again.

I went from 130 pounds while doing keto and quickly gained up to 185 pounds when I started eating carbs again.

I felt like absolute garbage when eating carbs and it felt like i had no self control. It's been hard cutting out carbs but I've already lost around 20 pounds within a month of restricting carbs. I haven't even had to count my calories either. I naturally found myself doing one meal a day most days. I've been eating plenty of protein and fat which is good for suppressing my appetite, and I have severely reduced snacking cravings.

I plan to work in intermittent fasting regularly with reduced carb intake to lose the rest of the weight I gained.

I know not all carbs are bad or unhealthy, but for me they are a dangerously slippery slope. I found the hard way that the only way for me to consistently keep of my weight and avoid depending on food as a coping mechanism is to severely reduce my carbs.

submitted by /u/RoseSpades
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qi2d4x/cutting_carbs_is_the_only_way_ive_found_to_keep/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...