Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Can't control myself after cheat meals.

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Can't control myself after cheat meals.

I'm pretty sure I have some type of food addiction because left unchecked I usually end up overeating and gaining weight because I use food as a source of pleasure and stress relief.

Tough day at work and I'm eating ice cream, or I'm ordering McDonalds etc.

I've managed to lose only 15 lbs over two years from 205 to 190 (35 yo, M) because I will have a caloric deficit going for the week and then I fall back to eating badly and end up not losing weight for the week.

I managed to quit cigarettes cold turkey by finally realizing that though cigarettes provide pleasure, I was not going to allow myself to access that pleasure because of the cost even one cigarette can have to my health.

The problem with having cheat meals is that you are giving yourself the permission to enjoy something and give you stress relief.

Say it's Sunday your cheat meal day and you've calculated and modified the rest of the meals on Sunday so you can fit that pint of ice cream in.

You have that ice cream and feel good for a few hours.

Monday comes along and say you come home tired and stressed and your weightloss meal plan calls for a fairly delicious meal of chicken, brown rice and salad with sweet potato. But what you really want to do is just order a box of pizza Hut and you know it will taste good and make you feel better.

You have that voice in your head that tells you "No this pizza isn't on the meal plan and it's not your scheduled cheat meal" but your body starts to crave it and gets hard to ignore.

When I was craving cigarettes I could tell myself "Sorry that pleasure will never be accessible to you again for xyz reason" that would shut down my cravings and it slowly got easier and cravings went away.

Lots of diet advice recommend having foods you like and not restricting yourself to prevent binging and craving.

I feel like that if I cut out trigger foods completely like I did with cigarettes that it could be easier because I wouldn't have to go back and forth between keeping my diet and indulging my cravings.

Instead I could say "Sorry trigger foods are out totally because I can't control myself around them and getting a fit body is more important than temporary pleasure and stress relief, food is fuel now"

By having cheat meals I'm creating possible landmines to step on each time.

Can anyone share their thoughts and experiences.

submitted by /u/gopherjuice1
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qhclov/cant_control_myself_after_cheat_meals/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...