Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV: My-never-could-I-ever-imagine-fitting-into-them jeans fit and I had to remove a link from my watch

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

NSV: My-never-could-I-ever-imagine-fitting-into-them jeans fit and I had to remove a link from my watch

M31 - 5'10" - SW228.2 CW210.6 GW165

The thing that spurred me to really look at the choices I was making was that I bought a pair of APC expensive jeans back in April in "my" size and it was embarrassing how tight they were. I sat in the bathtub with them to loosen them up and they were still so tight that I could barely walk in them.

I have one of those bodies where people can't really tell what weight I am, but I feel it. When I started with my PT he couldn't believe the number that was on the scale. So I was always able to convince myself that I wasn't too heavy. But then I bought those jeans and I knew it was a sign to get real with myself and sort out my relationship with food.

So far I've lost 17.6 pounds. My size 34 APCs fit me comfortably. I put them on today for the first time after stepping off the scales, fully expecting that I'd have another 10 or 15 pounds to go before they fit...but they did! I felt so elated.

Another bonus is that I have this really nice Omega watch that I bought over the Summer. I noticed last night when I put it on that it was drooping on my wrist significantly. I had literally lost weight in my wrist. So I took out a link. That was the double whammy I needed.

Here's the thing: Right now I'm feeling like I don't even care about my goal weight. It'll come. I'm just enjoying this journey. I feel in control for the first time in about 5 years. I've realised that eating poorly is just a habit. The more you track, the more you stop expecting snacking to be part of your life, the weaker that habit and instinct becomes.

My high weight was last Christmas. I ebbed and flowed a bit during the year but it was only in August when I finally made a real change and since then it's been completely falling off of me. I feel amazing.

My tips so far;

  1. Take a note of everything you realise works for you. Write it down every time you discover one and use it to refer to later if you ever feel yourself wavering about your choices.
  2. Track your calories.
  3. Quit the snacking. Controversial, maybe, but when you train yourself to stop expecting food between meals you...well...eventually stop expecting food between meals. I eat at lunchtime and dinner time every day and only drink in between.
  4. Embrace the empty feeling. I don't mean let yourself starve. I mean when you feel like you want something but know you've eaten enough calories for the day just embrace it. Some amount of light hunger is an inevitable byproduct of eating fewer calories than your current body needs. Every time I get that feeling I know that it's just my body telling me that it's gonna have to start using my fat for fuel.
  5. Make eating easy. I've given up on trying to be a gourmet. For me, it's a distraction. I eat healthy ready meals and easy to air fry frozen stuff. It's one less thing to think about so I can focus on my most important goal.
  6. Don't buy things you know you'll binge on. I used to love tubs of Ben & Jerrys. Stuff like that is an invitation to overeat. Now, instead, I buy their ice cream sticks. It's a good treat after dinner and there's no potential to eat more than the 260 calories in them.
  7. Don't waste calories on drinks.
  8. Have easy to make "junk" food in your freezer. An 800 calorie frozen pizza is a hell of a lot better than a 2500 calorie Dominos order on the days you're feeling weak.
  9. For me, aside from something really luxurious like a Ben & Jerrys ice cream stick, I've pretty much cut out sugar from candy. I just don't buy it. Instead, I buy Muller Corners or Fun Cereal. Are they good for you? Not really. Will they help your mindset more than having candy in the house will? Absolutely. Having candy lying around, for me, is just an invitation to excess.
  10. Exercise in some shape or form. I used to lift weights. I'll get back to it one day but it was messing with my head. It makes your weight fluctuate like crazy and it wasn't good for my mindset while trying to lose --even though logically I knew it was just water weight, it could really stall my scales. I replaced it, for now, with a spin bike. It burns about 700 calories an hour. If I used it while playing video games I barely even notice I'm on it. CICO without some form of cardio exercise is a lot more difficult.
  11. Finally, be real with yourself. I just stopped excusing it. I decided that it was unacceptable for me to be heavy. I wasn't going to do it anymore. It's not the life I wanted and it's not how I wanted to view myself.

I've still got a long way to go, but trust me: When you start consistently seeing that number going down it's like a drug. It makes you feel amazing. Nothing tastes as good as losing weight in a way you know is totally sustainable makes you feel.

submitted by /u/stoicgoblin
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qh901h/nsv_mynevercouldieverimaginefittingintothem_jeans/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...