Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Too poor to afford a new wardrobe, but finally thin enough to shop the racks at Goodwill!

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Too poor to afford a new wardrobe, but finally thin enough to shop the racks at Goodwill!

M33 5’10” SW 274+ CW 185 GW 174-

So I’ve been losing weight for a little over a year. Because of the pandemic everything has been shut down and I’ve been in my house. It’s been fine for the most part, but I’ve practically been living in 1 pair of pants (that are still two sizes too big) and 2 t-shirts (also two sizes too big). I’m a full time graduate student and most of my classes are online, which makes properly fitted clothing not a huge priority. But today after my partner and I went to lunch (kale salad with breaded mushrooms - a weekly treat of mine), I decided to hit up Goodwill.

I never shopped at Goodwill in the past because I hated having to go to the XL/XXL sections and thumb through the five or six shirts that would actually fit me. But today I thought I’d give it a go. I found some shirts that fit! It was so nice to go up to the rack and not be terrified of the sizes and to feel like I couldn’t actually shop instead of settle.

Being a grad student means I can run to target or old navy and load up on a new wardrobe. But actually having a few pieces that fit properly and show off my progress feels amazing. Now, when I go to campus I’ll have a few shirts to cycle through.

I still have a few pounds to go. But when I actually hit 100lbs lost, I’m sure I could ask my partner and my parents for new clothes. I finally feel excited to shop for clothes!

Pics. Before and after.

submitted by /u/Nam3Tak3n33
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/q05xjl/too_poor_to_afford_a_new_wardrobe_but_finally/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...