Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: have lost 7 kgs so far, aiming for 18 more!

Sunday, October 3, 2021

have lost 7 kgs so far, aiming for 18 more!

this is my first post on this subreddit, but im really excited :)

i am a 19 y/o female, currently 78kgs and 162 cm. i used to be 85 kgs and super unhealthy; not only bmi wise but also with my terrible bloodwork and sedentary lifestyle. i ate whatever i could find around the house out of convenience and mindlessly snacked a lot. my body fat percentage was off the charts with very little muscle.

i was 55 kgs one and a half years ago, but with covid emerging and quarantine, i gained 30 kgs. that is a ridiculous amount to gain in such a short time. my mindset started to change after a visit to my endocrinologist. she told me that if i don't lose weight and do some form of exercise, i might be on the road to cholesterol issues and insulin resistance. this was very eye opening for me.

(keep in mind, i was in "recovery" for bulimia during this time. however, i did not realize that my restrictive disorder had switched to straight up binge eating. i am only saying this to affirm the fact that calorie counting is highly triggering for me)

instead of meticulously counting every calorie, i decided that i should change my habits and lifestyle. here's what i did:

-getting out of that restrictive mindset with the help of a therapist. this prevented binge-restrict cycles and ensured consistent progress. -eating only when im truly hungry, and stopping before im full. -focusing on foods that make me feel good, aka healthy whole foods. -switching to veganism (i know veganism isn't for everyone, but it was the biggest factor for me. i dont want any unsolicited advice about this, and my doctor supports this lifestyle) -incorporating weighted pilates and walking 5x a week into my daily routine. i detest HIIT and other forms of strenuous activities, so this is perfect for me! -meal prepping to make eating healthy easier. -replacing emotional eating with hobbies and activities i enjoy.

i still have a long way to go, but im really happy with my progress :)

submitted by /u/friendlycryptid
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/q0es1t/have_lost_7_kgs_so_far_aiming_for_18_more/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...