Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Too fat to play guitar 😔 Have to make a change

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Too fat to play guitar 😔 Have to make a change

Sorry for the text wall.

This is the lowest feeling I've experienced in a good long while.

I made a new year's resolution. I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar, and this year I took the plunge, bought one, and started practicing. So far I've been working on scales and it's been going great, but tonight I started trying to learn chords. I was feeling a lot of pain in my wrist while fretting the chords, and it only took me a few minutes to realize the cause; my gut being in the way prevents the guitar from staying level. The fretboard hangs like this \ in front of my body instead of like this | . The net result is that I have to crank my wrist too hard to form the hand shapes necessary to fret the strings. I'm literally too fat to properly play the guitar.

I've been overweight my whole life, but things really spiralled out of control about a year ago when I got my CDL and became a truck driver. Sitting on my butt all day every day, eating truck stop food, chain smoking, it has all absolutely wrecked my health, my confidence, my mobility, and now it's screwing up my dreams.

It has to stop now. I don't know exactly what the strategy is yet. I'm still working on that. But I can't keep going like this.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Edit: plugging in my other post, where I'm asking for diet planning assistance https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kpbsaa/can_someone_just_tell_me_what_the_hell_to_eat/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

submitted by /u/onthemend86
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kpb4ac/too_fat_to_play_guitar_have_to_make_a_change/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...