Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I guess I’m finally doing this!

Thursday, January 28, 2021

I guess I’m finally doing this!

I’m a 5’10, 35 year old woman. A year ago I hit my Max of 365. This past summer I started treatment for treatment resistant depression with Spravato (a nasal ketamine spray) and for the first time in my entire life I was suddenly just NOT depressed. It was life changing, but this isn’t a mental health forum so I digress. I changed nothing about my lifestyle but since I wasn’t eating my feelings anymore, I lost 30 pounds quite quickly. It came as a pleasant surprise side effect of the medication.

The last time I lost weight was in my 20s when I went from about 275 to 215 fairly easily. I felt great at 215 and in the past couple months I have been thinking about how I’d like to feel that good again. I have a 2 year old and an 8 year old and I want to do THINGS with them. I want to be a grandma. So thus began my usage of the lose it app to count calories; I’ve only had to make small changes to how I eat in order to fall into the right parameters, so it has been easy so far—adequate mental health treatment really, really changed my eating habits.

I didn’t plan on incorporating exercise but I thought about it and remembered how great I felt when I was going 2 miles a day on an elliptical. So I’m going to join the 24 hour gym that’s down the street from my house. My first goal is 215 but I feel like I will want to push myself to 160 or so. I haven’t been a healthy weight since young childhood, so I can’t even tell you the last time I weighed under 200. I do know that I felt terrible at 365, and I feel comparatively good right now at 328, so it can only get better from here.

My biggest concern right now is that I’m going to have so much extra skin. I looked into it and my insurance will pay for a panniculectomy if I’ve lost at least 100 pounds and maintained the weight loss for some time, so I’m getting with my doctor soon to establish a starting weight with them. Medically I’ve been lucky. My A1C is great but fasting glucose can be high. I do have high cholesterol. My blood pressure was a little high but has been normal since treating my depression—part of the treatment involves checking my BP every other week. I have truly been lucky and I’m glad I can start this while I’m ahead.

submitted by /u/thecautioners
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/l7k867/i_guess_im_finally_doing_this/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...