Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: A fork in the road. Need sustainable change.

Saturday, January 30, 2021

A fork in the road. Need sustainable change.

5 years ago, I was severely underweight. I worked to gain by exercising and eating more, and in a few months, I ended up in the normal weight category, feeling and looking good. Then I got lazy. Now I am, at least according to the BMI calculator, overweight. I don't feel or look fat, but I definitely didn't gain weight in muscle, so it is what it is.

According to the same BMI calculator, if I am to return to the category of 'normal/healthy' weight, I need to lose just over 15 pounds. At the same time, if I gain another just under 20 pounds, I'll be obese.

I'm nearly at the exact middle point between normal weight and obese weight, so I'm thinking of this as a kind fork in the road.

Either I continue being lazy and slowly gaining weight until I'm obese in a couple of years, or I make a serious effort to change my habits, something I've done before, but never in a way that was sustainable long-term.

Every time I've tried to make myself 'get in shape', it's been a really intense effort that lasted, at most, a couple of months. I'd walk a lot, lift some weights, eat less trash food, lose fat or gain muscle or both as the case may be, and then burn out and revert to what's 'easy'.

What I need is a way to make sustainable change. Every time I've tried to 'do it all at once' I've burnt out, so now I'm trying to slowly change my habits. I'm thinking I need to change one habit at a time, drill it until it's second nature, and then move on to the next habit. But that seems like such a huge undertaking and I don't even know where to start.

Can I get some guidance?

submitted by /u/jazzintoronto
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/l92n2i/a_fork_in_the_road_need_sustainable_change/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...