Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Started keto this week

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Started keto this week

Hello. New here

I went from obese 5’5” 195lb (88.5 kg) to overweight 175 lb (79 kg)using mfp, but once I stopped logging I stopped losing. I would like to lose 30 lbs (13.5 kg)and be a healthy weight.

I am currently on a medically supervised keto diet for type 2 diabetes. I started Wed and my glucose went from 125 in am to 80 which is awesome. I am hoping my dr will reduce medication over time.

I have lost 3 lb which is probably water weight, but it is nice to know my scale moves.

My diet is a little different than at r/keto 30g total carb, moderate protein and fat to satiate. I walk our dog and at work but am mostly sedentary.

This is a huge change for me. I used to eat a lot of high carb processed foods. We still have some things in the house for my daughter, but I have not been tempted.

My dr has me testing glucose 2x /day and ketones once and weight daily.

My digestive system is not handling the diet change, so I am slowing down on fat. Except for that I feel good.

My dr says I don’t need to count calories, but I am logging on Cronometer. I like it because it syncs with my devices. I have been staying under my calorie goal and don’t get hungry. Even though it is moderate protein, I have trouble getting enough, so have a protein shake during day.

submitted by /u/Lorib64
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/l91ou5/started_keto_this_week/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...