Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Frustrated because the number on the scale just won't move

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Frustrated because the number on the scale just won't move

Hi fellow dieters...

I would like your opinion on this situation and I hope that's okay. Obligatory warning that English is not my first language, and sorry for the long post.

I have always been into healthy eating, even when not on a diet, and I really enjoy working out, so I was never overweight at all.

Then, 2 years ago, I got into a very stressful general situation where I had bigger problems than to mind my nutrition, and the stress and pressure at work and my commute left me too drained to work out. I gained some weight, but didn't want to weigh myself, so I decided to just get new clothes for now and move on until the situation is less stressful.

Then last year, I somehow, in the middle of this damn pandemic, managed to find a job that is closer to where I live. I have worked close to my home for 4ish months now, and I finally get some free time now to take care of myself.

Determined to finally face my weight gain, I bought a scale (hadn't had one in years) and discovered I am a bit overweight now. No problem, I am in a better situation now, so I will do something about it. Gyms are closed, which sucks, but I can work out at home, go for jogs etc. I also started counting calories.

I have been regularly training and eating very healthy for 4 months now. In the beginning, I dropped 2 kg, instantly, no big deal at all. But since then, the scale. has. not. fucking. MOVED!! and it is starting to really annoy and frustrate me.

I mean, I definitely see a difference. I lost several cm around my waist, I am able to fit into pants that I have not been able to wear in the last 2 years. They are even loose on me! I am thinner than I have been in a long time! But my weight just won't drop any more and for some reason it bugs me that I am still overweight! I weigh myself once a week. My BMI fluctuates between 25.9 and 26.1 ish, and no matter what I do, if I resrict, even starve, if I eat healthy, or if I let myself slip up, my weight just stays the same.

My clothes fit me again, so I got what I wanted, and I am definitely keeping up the exercise and the healthy diet, because I generally really enjoy it. But I have caught myself skipping meals or wanting to just not eat, so I would finally lose weight and be "normal".

Is it unhealthy that I try to force myself to be a "normal" weight? Should I just accept my weight? Or am I being too impatient with myself?

Thanks in advance

TL:DR: I gained some weight and put off losing it, and now it won't leave, which is really annoying

submitted by /u/AlfieBilly
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/l8kdtb/frustrated_because_the_number_on_the_scale_just/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...