Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do I start a weight loss journey?

Friday, January 29, 2021

How do I start a weight loss journey?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting on this sort of thread but I would really like some advice/guidance.

I am a 31 year old male and have been fighting the fat all my life. When I met my long term partner I was at my healthiest, I was going to the gym often, eating well and generally quite low on the scales.

I started my honours (I'm in Aus, for everyone else think short masters by research) year at uni which went really well but was stressful and I really fell off exercise and diet regime. I then started working on my PhD and things got kind of crazy. Anyway 5 years passed and now I am here and will hopefully have a PhD in mathematics very soon.

The fact is, during this time I have put on weight and lost my fitness. I probably have ~30 kg (it is kind of scary to me how I went from mid 70's to 100kg...) to lose and that is not including putting muscle back on. I don't have a specific time frame for this but there is a history of heart disease in my family and I figure that as I continue to age, things will only get harder.

I am wondering if there were any specific eating plans/guidance as well as exercise plans that worked well for others. Note we are not exactly flush with cash (did I mention being a student for time immemorial?) so a personal trainer or something like that is probably out of the question.

I am going to go see my doctor about this in a weeks time, so maybe that will help with the sort of quick weight loss at the start. But I also want to think about sustainability and how to change my attitude towards food.

Any help would be hot! Thank you for your time.

Michael

submitted by /u/A_Latin_Square
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/l89hrh/how_do_i_start_a_weight_loss_journey/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...