Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: It sucks to try and lose weight as a high-functioning alcoholic (there I said it)

Sunday, January 31, 2021

It sucks to try and lose weight as a high-functioning alcoholic (there I said it)

Hello, my name is ladycousland (dumb Dragon Age reference, don’t ask) and I’m an alcoholic. Highly functional, successful in terms of career and relationships, and entirely unrepentant about any of the above — but a daily drinker nonetheless.

And can I just say, the number of calories in alcohol is fucking ungodly. Just, really blows out my daily budget unless I forgo one or more meals. Which I try not to! I mean half of the pleasure in drinking (for me at least) is enjoying food alongside it. For real, I’m a 5’7” female in the 21st century, but give me some booze and a charcuterie spread and I will go full on Henry VIII before the crippling leg injury.

Can anyone relate? I follow a lot of aspirational accounts across several social media platforms, and it always feels so damn unattainable. I would love to “eat clean” and “detox” and “love myself” at any size, but I tend to feel comparatively like a dirty little gremlin who will always be fat because I’ll probably never be able to say no to lots of wine and a moderate amount of cheese. How do my fellow gremlins balance alcohol intake with a moderately restricted diet? Are there any fellow hedonists out there who were able to lose weight without foregoing any of the fun stuff??

submitted by /u/ladycousland
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/l9usnj/it_sucks_to_try_and_lose_weight_as_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...