Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do you politely decline food when being pressured to eat?

Thursday, January 28, 2021

How do you politely decline food when being pressured to eat?

Over the last 6 months, I have lost 15 pounds gradually from walking 4-5 days a week and eating healthy (no sugar, low carb and high protein and fat).

I have found myself in many situations whether it's with my family or at work where people question my small portions and constantly offer me food. I am originally from a country where the portions are much larger, but I had learned to eat smaller portions while living in Europe. The amount of food I eat is perfectly within the amount of calories I should consume each day (about 1800), so I believe i am eating reasonable portions , not extremely large portions until I'm sickly full.

I have struggled my whole life with binging to the point that I was prediabetic a few years ago. To avoid future health issues, I have tried to stick to a healthier lifestyle. I get incredibly triggered when I am constantly offered sugary or high carb foods because it has taken me my whole life to have discipline against these foods. I always try my best to politely decline, but I get so frustrated when people keep insisting after I decline more than once.

If I choose to eat my own healthy food and small portions, please let me be. "No thank you, I can't handle sugar right now", "no thank you, I already ate", "no thank you, I'm not hungry right now", "no than you, I already brushed my teeth", and "no thank you, I brought my own snack" is apparently not enough to remind these people.

submitted by /u/calinnl42
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/l6s4xj/how_do_you_politely_decline_food_when_being/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...