Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Starting Over (Again) 35/M

Friday, January 29, 2021

Starting Over (Again) 35/M

Hi All,

Never posted anything like this before but trying to see if maybe I got this right. I'm a 35 (About to be 36) year old Male. I've been overweight my whole life basically, I've tried many times to lose weight but I feel like I overcomplicate things. I had several people just simplify it "calories in, calories out" so that's where I'm at. My whole life I was a heavy soda drinker, could never give it up until recently I switched to Coke Zero, and slowly I'm trying to get away from that too. I drink water mostly during the day but have the Coke Zero with meals since I don't like the way water tastes w/ food.

I started using a food scale, keeping track of my calories with my fitness pal and so far I feel good. I'm not trying to lose weight fast, but lose it eventually with patience which is probably the biggest difference between this and the last times I've done this. I weigh about 270 pounds right now and I'm 5'8", the weight is enough to cause me back pain and knee/feet pain which makes it hard for me to work out or even go on longer walks, but I'm hoping minding my calories I could lose a few pounds to offset/reduce some of the aches and pains I have. According to my fitness pal I should be taking in ~1500 calories a day to lose 1lb a week.

With all that said and if you're still with me here, how accurate is something like my fitness pal when it comes to telling me how many calories I should consume/day? I've checked other sites that all give similar numbers too but I think hearing it from those with experience and progress means more then some random website that might just send me down another rabbit hole of complications.

I'm not eating any fast food, all my meals are home cooked and I'm not really a snacker so the 3 meals tends to be all I crave/want during a day and I'm not usually hungry again until the next morning.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

submitted by /u/acurtis85
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/l8aaai/starting_over_again_35m/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...