Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: If you could have "prepared" for your weight loss journey, what would you have done?

Sunday, January 3, 2021

If you could have "prepared" for your weight loss journey, what would you have done?

Sorry about the formatting, we're on mobile today!

As a life long overweight person, I've been in and out if the loseit community, various accounts I've lost, various attempts, lurking, etc. for a few years now. At my best I went 31 days with no slip ups and daily exercise, I'd read the daily pledge each morning and made it my manta. Of course like many, I slipped, I fell, and I crashed and burned right back to my starting weight and higher.

Now I find myself in an interesting predicament, currently I'm 5 months pregnant and as such am not allowed to lose weight (though morning sickness would disagree and I'm down 15lbs.) Of course the one time I am actually not allowed to lose weight is the one time my motivation is highest to do so.

My pre-pregnancy weight was 272lbs, this morning I was 257lbs. I'm 5'8" and as such very obese. I also have a long long history with eating disorders and comfort eating, and an unhealthy hate for getting sweaty (exercising is my enemy as such).

This is my first kid and I want to set a good example for him, I also want to look better, feel better about myself and hopefully motivate my partner (who is a healthy weight and loves to exercise, though he has a shit diet) to get back into his own routine as depression has caused him to stop. So as soon as I'm able to alter my diet for weight loss, I will.

All of this to say, I have about 4 months of waiting to do. So if you had the same amount of time, what would you have done or what would you do to prepare physically, mentally and emotionally for a long, large (120lbs is the goal) weight loss journey? My biggest hurdle is my emotional eating and disordered behaviours, and while I see a therapist they never seem to be able to guide me through those topics.

Tl;dr: I'm pregnant and have 4ish months before I'm allowed to try and lose weight, how would you prepare for a long (120+ lbs) weight loss journey if you had the chance?

submitted by /u/Boguscertainty
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kq0tug/if_you_could_have_prepared_for_your_weight_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...