Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Eight more pounds to my first goal!

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Eight more pounds to my first goal!

F 5’9” SW 293 CW 257 I am a type 1 diabetic and have been overweight since exactly when I moved from Regular insulin to fast-acting insulin. It makes me sooooo hungry. I was also in an unhealthy relationship, depressed, and worked at McDonalds, where you get free food during your shift. A perfect storm for a weight-gain disaster. I ballooned from around 150 to 293 lbs at the highest I know, it’s possible it’s been higher at times.

My family has never really commented on my weight, but they are very judgmental of strangers’ weights. My dad always says, “Wow, that guy must weigh an eighth of a ton!”, meaning 250 pounds. Needless to say, this does not make me feel good.

I’m a long time lurker on this sub, and I have identified some of my unhealthy behaviors and attitudes toward food from reading posts on here. I’ve started eating much more in moderation and low-carb. As my weight drops, my need for as much insulin drops, and my appetite also has dropped.

The hunger was still there, though. Recently, my endocrinologist started me on some type 2 diabetic drugs, and suddenly the hunger is gone! I’m not constantly craving food!

When I weighed myself today, I was down 36 pounds from my staring weight! In 8 more pounds, I’ll be less than an eighth of a ton!

I’m so excited! I’m hoping to someday feel confident enough to post before and after pictures.

submitted by /u/buddykat2
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kpdnpt/eight_more_pounds_to_my_first_goal/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...