Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Are there any apps for tracking calorie intake that don't reward excessive restricting?

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Are there any apps for tracking calorie intake that don't reward excessive restricting?

Part of the reason I wanted to calorie count was to ensure I was eating enough while trying to make my diet healthier, because I've had issues with disordered eating and I know eyeballing it would lead me to eat way less than I should.

I completed a day on myfitnesspal at 1035kcal, which is behaviour I do not want to encourage, and it comes up with the "if every day is like this, look how much you'll lose!" I know it yells at you for less than 1000, but for me, that lower limit needs to be higher. If it allows me to eat 1000kcal per day, that's what I'll aim for, and that's just going to set off a restrict/binge cycle, which defeats the point of getting healthier.

Are there any apps that allow you to set a lower limit for daily intake as well as an upper limit, or have an inbuilt lower limit that's at least 1200kcal?

submitted by /u/queerfox13
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kpxppr/are_there_any_apps_for_tracking_calorie_intake/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...