Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [NSV] Easily ate twice my caloric goal for 7 days in a row while on vacation. I do not feel guilty at all!

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

[NSV] Easily ate twice my caloric goal for 7 days in a row while on vacation. I do not feel guilty at all!

I've been trucking along on my diet since January 25th. I'm not Chinese, but Lunar New Year happened to line up with my rekindling of the desire to lose some weight ¯\(ツ)/¯ Progress was great; I lost some water weight and some real weight, clothes started fitting a little better, and I felt good!

Well I am just now finishing up a week long ski vacation full of daily hot chocolate, bowls of (real) ice cream, restaurant lunches, and my parent's amazing cooking. I did not limit myself at all and ate what I wanted, but did made sure that I logged everything anyway. I didn't worry about weighing foods or making recipes or finding the exact match on LoseIt! Estimates where okay, but every bite and snack was logged. Each day my caloric total was near an estimated 2,900-3,200 calories (my goal is usually 1250-1300).

Whatever! I had a fucking BLAST on this vacation. Old me would have thrown in the towel, not logged anything, and not have gotten back on the wagon at home. Current me recognizes that diets are not temporary quick fixes, but changes in lifestyle to promote overall health. I am in this for the long haul.

I cannot be "afraid" of vacations due to the difficulty of balancing caloric restriction and enjoying myself. One week of free eating, so to speak, will not change the course of my journey, but one week of huge fun with family has definitely helped my mental health! I now feel rejuvenated for my hectic job and the coming months!

So when I get home tomorrow night, I am not going to weigh myself. In fact, I probably won't weigh myself for several days. I'll let the water weight leave and my regular dietary habits resume, I'll assess the damage, document it, and move on.

Life is short, vacations are temporary! Don't beat yourself up over a short bit of fun!

24 F | 5'6" | SW:164 CW:136 GW:125? |

P.S. my 5'6" female body is very jealous of the 6'3" guys that would still lose weight eating 3,000 calories a day. IT IS SO MUCH FOOD.

submitted by /u/terminalfoodie
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fa75mi/nsv_easily_ate_twice_my_caloric_goal_for_7_days/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...