Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Needing to lose weight (high cholesterol)

Friday, February 28, 2020

Needing to lose weight (high cholesterol)

I’m female 22 years old and no one in my family has heart disease or high cholesterol. My doctor just got my test results back two weeks ago and said my cholesterol is pretty bad and told me to cut out fried foods, dairy, and red meat and to also get more active. I don’t want to end up with heart disease or other problems in the future at this young of an age. This is my first health scare regarding my lab results.My doctor said my cholesterol should be under 100 optimally but currently it’s double that (184) She wanted to put me on medication but I refused and said I would try diet first. She agreed to meet with me again in 3-6 months to see how I’m doing.

Soooo I actually lost 37 pounds in 2 years (which isn’t much for my situation) back in 2017-19 and was walking a lot more, and counting calories, etc. I was almost under 200 pounds but then I had a lot of major life changes, got depressed, and gained most of it back. Now I am almost back up to 240 again (my highest weight) I’m 5’2.

I’ve definitely struggled with binge eating my whole life and have suffered from disordered eating patterns at an early age. I remember shoving my face with food at like 10 years old. So I guess now it’s all catching up to me..

What advice do you guys have for someone trying to get healthy who can’t eat these foods (meat, dairy, and all the delicious fried fatty stuff) anymore? What steps can I take to make sure I can reverse these health issues for good?

submitted by /u/KLL1590
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fb7re7/needing_to_lose_weight_high_cholesterol/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...