Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 35lbs lost since Oct 2019 - Weight-loss Journey

Thursday, February 27, 2020

35lbs lost since Oct 2019 - Weight-loss Journey

28yo Female 5’3” SW: 255 CW: 219 GW: 140

This starts a couple of years ago but bare with me.

In 2017 both my husband and I started going to the gym and exercising regularly before we got married to try and lose weight before the big day. TBH I was hoping for 20lbs even though I was at 260 at the time. I met a super awesome personal trainer and she inspired me to do weight training. I hated cardio (still do) and was extremely intimidated by the thought of going to a gym in the first place. After months of training going from kettle bells and machines to free weights and deadlifts I slowly gained confidence and got down to about 225. At that point I started to psych myself out, constantly getting on the scale and not seeing the number change at all even though I was working my butt off. I became obsessed weighing myself everyday or even multiple times a day. Eventually I got so frustrated and so discouraged that I completely stopped after we got married. I gained almost all the weight back very quickly.

Last April, I was admitted into the hospital because I had a large pulmonary embolism caused by birth control pills and of course my weight. The doctor (very professionally) told me that I could not go on certain medicines to help alleviate the blood clot and that required less maintenance because I was over a BMI of 40. At that point, I was at my all time low. He also told me to lose weight and quickly. When I was released from the hospital I was completely terrified to do anything that involved me being physically active or really much of anything besides what I had to do.

After 6 months of being poked by needles every week, looking like I was beaten because of the bruising, and just all around feeling very fragile. I was giving the good news that the embolism was now in the residual phase and taken off of the blood thinners. At the same time my husband and I started seeing a weight loss doctor. Now I know....I had the same thoughts of “if this person prescribes me a bunch of herbs and other nonsense without doing any scientific measurements like taking blood I’m totally outta here.” , but it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I was prescribed Ozempic to take once a week and found out that I was becoming insulin resistant and have PCOS. Since being on the Ozempic I have felt like I can actually lose weight and keep it off. No more of this yo yo dieting nightmare that I was used to. We have changed our diet and started controlling our portion sizes. I feel so much better than I have ever felt in years.

Now after losing 35lbs just on diet alone and adding a little bit more walking than I normally do, I think I need to incorporate exercise. I am not a huge fan of cardio but if it involves something stimulating I can tolerate it. I love weight training but I don’t want to fall into that negative death spiral again. Any thoughts on where to start?

submitted by /u/jw171289
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/faofn3/35lbs_lost_since_oct_2019_weightloss_journey/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...