Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Need something that works (don’t we all)

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Need something that works (don’t we all)

Here’s my deal. 5’4 160lbs 42 yrs old. I would consider myself fit fat I guess.

I’ve been active my entire life and generally eat a healthy well balanced diet. I never owned a scale til the last couple years because I always stayed around a size 6 and never really worried about my weight. If I had to guess I’d say I was generally 130-140 for most of my life.

Then 40 hit. I cannot lose these 20lbs for the life of me.

I have solid muscle memory and can lift weights til the cows come home. I build muscle mass quickly which in turn leads to mire bulk.

I exercise regularly. Either a 5 km run/jog outside, 30 mins on the treadmill or elliptical. 100 squats, pushups and sit ups 2-3 days a week. Mixed in with a Membership at 9round kickboxing/HHIT a couple times a week. Then hiking on the weekends.

I cook 90% of my meals from scratch. Lunch during the week is half a chicken breast or two hard boiled eggs, some veg and a fruit. Dinner is a typical meat/veg/starch combo. Coffee is generally my breakfast. Cream, no sugar.

I don’t drink pop.

I do drink wine and candy is my weakness. It’s always around the office and I have zero willpower.

What am I missing. I don’t want to follow a particular diet because I know long term they won’t stick. I fully embrace healthy eating and eating everything (in moderation).

Is this just my 40s and my new norm?

submitted by /u/Wexylu
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fa26o0/need_something_that_works_dont_we_all/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...