Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: A year and a half ago, I never thought I would actually do it....

Friday, February 28, 2020

A year and a half ago, I never thought I would actually do it....

I have been obese since I was a kid. The last time I remember me being a normal weight was when I was 7 years old, since then I was always big. I heard it all, "you will grow into it" "your not that big". I tried losing weight so many times, in fact, I shared my original weight loss here back in 2011. Then I ballooned back up and even past my previous high, hitting my all time high weight of 302. I remember so vividly stepping on that scale, seeing that number and I felt like I was staring into the abyss. I felt hopeless, maybe I should just eat myself to death and live life like that, maybe it was time to just give in. I did not let that happen.

So how did I finally do it? I educated myself. I became obsessed about nutrition, how to eat and the best way to lose weight and build muscle. The most difficult part of the process was quitting the food addiction, and I still feel that dark shadow of the addiction looming over me. I think of it as a reminder of where I was, and in some way, I hope I never forget it. I am so used to beating myself up and hating my body (full honesty, I still have massive body image issues. I guess that's what a lifetime of obesity does to you) and hating my choices that lead me to my position. Now I am so proud of my accomplishments, I almost can't believe this is actually my body. I still get a little shocked when I look in the mirror, or even look down at my legs, THESE ARE NOT MY LEGS!

I wanted to share this achievement with all of you, hopefully it motivates those on their journey like me to keep fighting and keep pushing. I was obese all my life so the term "if I can do it" really applies here. Get obsessed with learning what your body needs. I would eat, drink and breath weight loss. I watched every video, read every study and relied on my progress pictures to keep motivated and not break down into a binge.

My starting weight: 302lb Current weight: 208lb

If you have any questions let me know. But if your asking how I did it, I followed CICO, moved more and started lifting (I traded a food addiction for a gym addiction). I still have roughly 15-20lbs to lose to get to my ultimate goal before I start to bulk up on muscle, all in time for my 30th birthday in 2 weeks. I feel like I have a 2nd chance at life, a healthy start to a new decade.

I refuse to give this up.

Thanks for listening.

Before and After

submitted by /u/hawss
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fb71ei/a_year_and_a_half_ago_i_never_thought_i_would/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...