Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I really needed this right now

Saturday, February 29, 2020

I really needed this right now

Posting here because I don’t know where else to vent, but this is a happy story.

After feeling insecure my whole life, to the point where I dreaded meeting my fiancĂ©’s friends because I was afraid they would judge him for dating someone chubby, I finally managed to lose 10kg. This was thanks to sticking to CICO religiously, with almost no exercise.

I live far away from home and have been losing since October 2019. I felt pretty proud that all my clothes were so loose to the point where they were unwearable... but it seems like nobody noticed. I even got asked “oh, why don’t you wear that blue dress anymore?” from a co-worker, to which I humbly replied with “oh, I actually dropped 3 dress sizes and it doesn’t fit.”

The response: “really? it doesn’t look like you’ve lost any weight.”

And since then, I’ve been ignoring my diet altogether. It’s been really hard to see progress because if other people can’t see it, then it must not be working.

Fast forward 3 weeks of being down in the dumps, to this week now. I finally got to visit my family in my hometown for the first time since September.

Every. Single. Person. Commented on how ridiculously skinny I looked now “but in a healthy way!”

Even my fiancĂ©’s parents and grandparents said they didn’t recognise me, I was “so tiny.”

It makes me so happy to hear that people do notice, even if it’s not always the ones who you want to notice it.

I’ll end this rant with a bittersweet thought, which sums up my current state of mind: I used to chalk up my worries about people judging me to just unreasonable anxiety, and I would have to tell myself “people don’t think you’re fat, you’re just overreacting. Every girl thinks they’re fat.” But now, my family is calling me “skinny,” and I’m barely at a healthy BMI, it gives me an overwhelming sense of hindsight and shame that yes. I really was fat all along.

submitted by /u/allrisesilver
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fbmup9/i_really_needed_this_right_now/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...