Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Ready to start my journey, looking for advice

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Ready to start my journey, looking for advice

I'm 41 and ready to work hard at making my body a better place to be!

I'm 5'9" and 435lbs. I used to weight 220lbs and went on several psychiatric drugs that caused my weight to shift dramatically in a year and a half. I gained about 150lbs while maintaining a "normal" diet and towards the end, even restricting and fasting. My Dr pulled me off of the drug and I plateaued, but damage is damage and regardless of using programs like Weight Watchers, I am still struggling every day with my weight.

I have come to a calmer, kinder understanding of myself as a person, but that's not going to keep me from doing what's best for my body.

I broke my ankle in 2003 and assumed it was a sprain. This has led to degenerative arthritis in that joint, which limits my movement as far as walking/running goes. However, I have a pool and swim from March to around October if the weather stays warm. I am looking for other exercises that are joint/arthritis friendly that I can do at home. I'm excited to get more movement in each day as I was recently diagnosed to Rheumatoid Arthritis and they say "motion is lotion!"

As for diets, are there any diets that restrict sugar (including processed) and other inflammatory foods?

I'm asking a lot I know, but I'm in a very under motivated family and I am taking the reigns to my own life FINALLY!

tl;dr: starting weight loss journey with arthritis and big booty. Looking to minimize both.

submitted by /u/Simple-Tumbleweed
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/f9q315/ready_to_start_my_journey_looking_for_advice/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...