Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: "How do I want to feel later?"

Thursday, February 27, 2020

"How do I want to feel later?"

So I've gradually regained about 14lb of a 21lb loss, and realized that I was starting to feel not-so-great about myself again. My clothes weren't fitting as well, I felt tired more often, and just overall felt like I was backsliding.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to take a good long honest look at my diet and where I've slipped back into old habits. In doing this, I realized that my biggest downfall was lunches at work. My work has a cafeteria with a daily menu, and while there are lots of healthy choices (sandwiches, salad, soup), there are also lots of less-healthy ones (burgers, fries, fried food, desserts). Not bad, just not as good for me.

I realized (with rather a start, haha), that the reason I always felt so tired in the afternoons at work was because I was often eating a big, heavy, greasy lunch, which would then sit in my stomach like a brick for the rest of the afternoon. OF COURSE I was going to feel heavy and tired! So I decided I was going to try lightening up my lunch a bit, choosing something like soup and a sandwich, or a sandwich and salad, instead of my usual heavy fare.

You guys. It was amazing. I had so much energy! I wasn't tired and draggy at 3pm every. single. day. So now, I've started asking myself one question at lunch every day:

"How do I want to feel later?"

Do I want to feel heavy, draggy, and tired? Or do I want to feel light and energetic? That one question is often enough to steer me towards a healthier choice.

Thanks for reading, thank you all for your support, and I just thought I'd share this in case it helps someone. Cheers!

submitted by /u/inked-microbiologist
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fao8qd/how_do_i_want_to_feel_later/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...